An America that Works for All of Us
America deserves a common sense immigration process, one that includes a roadmap for new Americans who aspire to be citizens.
- America is a nation of values, founded on an idea – that all men and women are created equal, that all people have rights, no matter what they look like or where they came from That families should stick together, that we should look out for each other, that hard work should be rewarded. In the freedom to be what you want, do what you want and say what you want.
- How we treat new immigrants reflects our commitment to the values that define us as Americans.
The problem – villains and their threats: But the current patchwork of immigration policies and programs doesn’t make any sense. It’s mismanaged and broken and it breaks up families. There’s a maze of regulations with no line to become a fully participating American .
- America’s strength comes from our ability to work together – to knit together a landscape of people from different places and of different races into one nation. For this to be a place of freedom for all, we cannot let the greedy few and the politicians they pay for divide us against each other based on what someone looks like, where they come from or how much money they have.
Our solution – heroes: That’s why we need to create a commonsense immigration process that recognizes the hardships and contributions of people moving here, keeps families together and creates a roadmap to citizenship for new Americans who aspire to be citizens.
- For aspiring citizens, the essential right of citizenship should be reachable by taking a test of our history and government, paying an appropriate fee and pledging allegiance to our country.
- Dreamers, children brought to the United States, should be given a fast-track to citizenship in the county that they grew up and call home.
Call to action – America works best when we all do our part and work together as one nation, indivisible and strong.
- It’s time to stand up for each other and come together. It is time for us to pick leaders who reflect the very best of every kind of American. Together, we can make this a place where freedom is for everyone, no exceptions.
- We can do this. We can agree on a commonsense immigration process that includes a roadmap for people who aspire to be citizens. We have done this throughout our history and we can do it again. This is what America is all about.